Thursday, February 11, 2010

Record Snow



So it started snowing around 2 a.m this morning. By the time we woke up, we had at least 2 inches. I was shocked they didn't cancel school. Mainly because it was just supposed to get worse and quite frankly anything above 1/2 an inch around Texas and people panic. My friend called me at 10:30 and said she was going to pick her kids up and offered to pick mine up as well..it was getting worse and worse. So they came home around 10:30 and had a ball. It has snowed all day, non stop. Literally no break in the snowfall whatsoever. I just went outside and we have 8.5 inches in the front yard. Still going strong and it is not expected to stop until 2 or 3 tomorrow morning. We are loving it. Makes me miss Nebraska even more than I already do (if that is possible). Here are some pictures of the snow around 6 inches...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm SO jealous! I remember how much I LOVED to wake up to snow the whole 3 times or so it snowed in Kingman :) How fun! It's beautiful! It must be so nice to watch it snow in the comfort of your home.