Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In a nut shell


Have you ever left somewhere and felt a piece of you stayed behind. I am not talking about a thing, or even a person necessarily but a place. For some, it could be a house, or a park, or, perhaps in my dad's case, a baseball stadium. For me it is an amazing city named Omaha. I haven't lived here for 2 years and yet, as I pull into my old neighborhood, I feel like I am home. It is not something that I can easily explain to anyone. It is a feeling of completeness. Some say I am obsessed with it. I think in many ways I perhaps am. But, in return, I am 100% okay with that fact. My neighbors are more like family to me than just "friends." They mean the world to me. Sometimes I think it is so difficult to come and visit because the thought of having to leave is incredibly overwhelming to me. I hope and pray that someday, my husband and I will get to move back here to this amazing place. If not, I am just so grateful that for a short time, my Heavenly Father allowed me to live here and meet neighbors who have changed my life forever.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Yes - it's called Campus Heights. I feel the same way. A part of me stayed there...and I'm glad. It is a place I never want to forget.

Joanna Valles said...

It was that way for me with Mesa. I believe it still is. But what really hit me was spending the last month and a half in Enoch and Cedar City Utah. I have never felt so at home and so I guess you could say complete in a place. I realized that is where I need to be and will be going. I only knew my sister going there and her in laws. Now I met more people and am so obsessed or maybe just in love with the place I have only been to once before. My friends in Mesa don't understand why I don't want to be there anymore. For me it is too hard to start my life over in the place I was so in love with MY WHOLE LIFE and vowed I would live there...without the love of my life being there with me now. So I guess the point of my comment is I know exactly what you are saying!