Saturday, February 14, 2009

My New Hobby


So my mom and step dad came to visit a week ago and while they were here they taught me how to make these blankets. Now those who know me, know that I cannot even sew a button on a shirt. Crafty things just are not my cup of tea. However, this was so easy. I am sure those of you who already know how to do it are thinking "Hello, it's not rocket science." However, I am very excited about it as it is a huge accomplishment for me. The first one is Kimbo's. That was the first one I ever did. It is Monkeys. The second one is Natalie's. She is obsessed with Elmo. I found this material today and thought she would just love it. She is now in bed so we won't know until morning. I am so excited about them!!!

P.S. I just added a picture of Rachel's. It is frogs. I made it this morning. I seem to do better every one I do. Poor Kimbo got the smallest and least attractive one. She loves it though!!

7 comments:

Victoria McCumber said...

Those are so cute! My kidshave them, but I didn't make them. My mom made them each one and Aunt Suzie did too. My kids love them!

Melissa said...

These are awesome! I'll have to have you teach me.

Charlestons on the go said...

They are cute little blankets. They'll be especially cherished because their mom made them. That is always so special. Good job.

Kim said...

Good job woman! I love them! I love doing crafty things! It makes me feel like I am doing something good.

Heidi A said...

Very cute and they look SOOO cozy!

Mama Mia said...

My first impression was...is this Heather Hopkins? Way to go Heather first cooking now sewing/tieing!

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! You can teach me when you come to visit...