Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Sweet Boy!!!!


Today is Garrison's 10th birthday. I can hardly believe it. I remember so vividly the day he was born. It seemed like he would never get here. I could hardly wait to see the beautiful angel that me and my amazing husband had helped create. The minute I saw him, I was overwhelmed with the love I felt for him. He truly was an angel from above. To this day, I do not quite know what I did to deserve such an amazing little boy but I am sure grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who trusted me enough to entrust him in my care. Anytime I talk about Garrison, I have a difficult time controlling my emotions and even as I write this, I have tears in my eyes. When you have a child with special needs, there is just a different and most sacred spirit about them. He knows no hate and loves all who come in contact with him. He is so accepting of all. His innocence is just precious. I love you son. Thank you for all of the joy you have and continue to bring into my life.

13 comments:

Victoria McCumber said...

Heather that was beautiful and so true. Tell Garrison Happy Birthday from us and I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

The Witt Family said...

You make me smile!!! Happy Birthday Garrison!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you big guy. I can't believe you're 10. Everyone here wishes you a Happy Birthday, especially Riley.

Nichole Christensen said...

I want so much to be as good a mother to my children as you are to yours! I hope that Garrison has had a wonderful birthday!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Garrison. I can't believe that you are so old already! I hope you have your birthday wishes come true. And I hope you forgive your Aunt Melissa for being a day late!!!

Beckie said...

Happy Birthday! What a precious little boy. You are lucky to have him, he really is something special. We miss you guys.

Kristen McK said...

Garrison IS one of the most loving, honest, beautiful people I have ever met. Happy birthday Garrison. We all miss you here at Rohwer.

JanB said...

And he's so blessed to have a mother like you!

Rosemary said...

This is one of the nicest pictures I have seen of Garrison. It is natural and so many pictures don't capture him as we see him in person because he tries to do a fake smile. Love this one. Mom

Kim said...

Wow, 10. Geez, where does time go? Happy Birthday Garrison!

-dcc said...

Happy Birthday Garrison!!

Charlestons on the go said...

Happy Birthday, Garrison. Better late than never. I can't believe he's 10. Miss you and your whole family. Hope you had a great birthday. I'm sure you did because everyone around you probably made sure that you did.

Trisha said...

WHAT??? For real? I can't believe he's 10.