Friday, March 13, 2009

Ahhhh the 80's


Last night I saw a picture of a girl friend and she was wearing one of these charm necklaces. The memories came flooding back!!! When I was in elementary school I LOVED these necklaces. I had a million of these charms. Some of them even worked like the toilet one where the lid came up and down!!! I got on eBay to see if I could still get one and holy moly..they are going for like $40!!!!!! So I guess I will just have to relive the memories by looking at pictures on the internet!!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay is it bad that I don't remember these, and I am a child of the eighties. Or is it that I was a teenager in the eighties and am therefore SUPER OLD!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you Melissa. I turned 13 in 1980 and had married and had a baby by 1990. My 80's were big hair, boys, and dressing to imitate Madonna (the early years). I guess I was too old and Alyssa was too young.

Anonymous said...

If you like 80's memorabilia, go to www.liketotally80s.com It is a really neat site, and it will definately take you back a few years.

ray said...

talk about memories! My friends and I were crazy about these in 5th grade ('85-'86). I remember the ones with the hand gripping the hook were really desirable. Thanks for the walk down amnesia lane!

Kim said...

Oh my Goodness! I totally forgot about these. I loved these things! How funny! We should have saved ours, we could be making some bucks!

Trisha said...

I haven't seen these in years. I had one too and LOVED it!