Sunday, March 8, 2009

You Should See The Other Guy!!!


So I wake up around 9:00 on Saturday morning. I lay there for a second allowing myself to fully wake up. I reach over to grab my cell phone to see what time it is and holy moly, I have a text from Buddy. It came it at about 7:30. I knew he was gone because he goes early every Saturday morning to play basketball at the Stake Center. The text read.."I am going to get stitches at the hospital you went to for your burn. I am ok." Are you kidding me???? I jumped out of bed and tried to call him. No answer. Of course. I take a minute to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do. I thought of calling my neighbor to come and sit with the kids so I could rush down there but I thought he will probably be finished by the time I got there. A few minutes later, Buddy calls me.

He was playing basketball ( I knew that already) and some guy was on his way down to the court to make a basket and Buddy tried to steal the ball and the guy accidentally elbowed him right between the eyes. Turns out he had to get 5 stitches. Of course the other guy is fine. He felt awful for hurting Buddy. My poor hubby. I think he learned that next time he needs to call me and not text. At least I hope he did!!!!

9 comments:

JanB said...

Yours is the second "stitches" blog I've read tonight. Even tough the other one is a 1 year-old boy, I still feel bad for Buddy!
Hope the pain is gone already!

The Witt Family said...

Poor Buddy! Yeah I hope he learned his lesson that its not nice to steal! Love you guys!

Charlestons on the go said...

Poor Buddy and poor you to not know exactly what was going on and not knowing exactly what to do. I guess playing with basketballs can be very dangerous because that's how Susie broke her finger, a basketball-involved relay at school. Hope he heals fast.

Melissa said...

Wow! What an evil sport! That's why I only watch sports instead of playing them.

Hope Buddy feels okay considering.And I am sure he will be out there next Saturday too!

Victoria McCumber said...

Church ball is brutal! Burt has broken both his wrist and ankle playing church ball. There were several other injuries as well. Hope Buddy heals quickly and learns how to DUCK!!!!

ray said...

I think it makes Buddy look that much more tough. Watch out!

Yeah, Christian had a similar experience with church ball except it was a blown out ACL requiring $10,000 worth of surgery, rehab, and physical therapy. Thank goodness for insurance.

Kim said...

Dang, I didn't realize basketball was such a brutal sport. 2 weeks ago a good friend of arms ended up in surgery after falling and shattering his elbow. What the heck do these boys do? I would have been freaking out a bit to. That is to funny he texted you.

Beckie said...

Holy Cow. That looks very painful. I hope he is doing well now. Poor guy, that hurts just looking at it!

The Armijo Family said...

What kinda game was this a Kingman and Bullhead one--hope Buddy heals fast