Monday, March 17, 2008

Garrison's randomness

(Garrison and Whitney)
(Garrison and Natalie)


So Garrison has this list of "friends". I really have no idea what a "friend" means to him but his list is very specific. In fact, there are only 5 people on this list.

1. Clayton (a boy from his special ed class)
2. Whitney Gilmore (an adorable girl from church)
3. Mrs. Mckenney (his special education teacher)
4. Natalie (his baby sister)
5. Mommy

Not even daddy is on his list. I do not know what you have to do to get on this list but anytime you ask who his friends are, this is what he will tell you. So this morning, I am dropping him off at school and as he is getting out of the van he says "bye mommy. I love you. You my friend."

Folks, it doesn't get much better than that. I love that I am on my sons very specific and small list of friends. Son, you are my friend too!!!!

6 comments:

Nichole Christensen said...

Aww this warmed my heart!!

Barbies Blog said...

Garrison is such a sweetie! He actually looked at me and said hello! He totally made my day!

Heidi A said...

SOOOO cute! I really love that boy. He's the sweetest thing on earth.

Melissa said...

He is a special little man! He is one of your greatest treasures.

ArchRay said...

Wow. That is sweet. Kaitlin used to be really hard to get in good graces with (bad English). Her attitude was "what have you done for me lately" literally. If Daddy was working late one night and didn't play with her, she wanted nothing to do with him the next day. This was in Seattle when he first got his computer job and had late hours a lot. It broke his heart. Maybe his list is like this? One never knows sometimes.

Greg Giauque said...

Heather,
It was good to re-connect with Buddy while I was away to Vegas on business. Email is great.

This little comment about Garrison sure makes me think of my oldest brother Rod who is high-functioning autistic. It's hard to know exactly where we stand with him. It's heartwarming that Garrison has recognized your tireless love for him.

Greg Giauque