Thursday, June 12, 2008

More tornado's

Well, we were hit with more tornado's last night. Sundays caused more local damage but it went so fast, you didn't have time to be scared. Yesterdays started at 5:00 at night and they came for hours. At one point, the wall cloud was directly over us and we were huddled in the laundry room. It was such a rough night. It is hard to be strong for the kids when I am so scared myself. I was a lot more scared last night. The kids and I prayed that angels would surround our home and keep us safe yet again. Once again, our Heavenly Father protected the children and I. I LOVE Omaha so much but these darn tornado's are something that I will definitely not miss. The saddest part of all, is that 4 young boy scouts were killed while attending a boy scout camp in a small Iowa town. My heart aches for their mothers and families. I cannot even begin to comprehend what those families are now having to go through. As a mother, I want to be able to wrap my arms around those moms who must now face life without their precious sons. PLEASE keep their families in your prayers. Our hearts and prayers are certainly with them. Hug your kids a little tighter tonight. We love you all and appreciate those prayers that or given on our behalf. These past few nights have shown me that prayers really are answered.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad you are safe. Our prayers are with you guys.

Beckie said...

IT boggles the mind sometimes the things that people are required to bear. Our thought and prayers go out to all those families effected by these tornadoes.

I am glad you are safe and sound and hope this will be the last of the tornado business for you guys. Scary stuff!