Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The First Day of School

Well it finally arrived. The first day of school. Now, I have been saying how excited I was for it to start because that meant that it would be just me and Natalie. I could clean, nap, read, go on a walk, whatever I wanted with just the two of us. However, now that the kids are gone, I miss them terribly. I am excited for some "down" time (as "down" as it can be with a 13 month old) but I miss the other kids so much. Kimbo started Kinder and oh did I cry. She held it together beautifully. I, on the other hand, cried like a baby. She was my baby for so long and it was just her and I together for so long that I miss having her at my side. It is definitely harder to have her gone then the other two.

Garrison came in at 5:30 this morning and said, "Good morning mommy. It's time for school." He was so excited. So he has about 5 or so hours of sleep in his system. All three kids were just so excited. I know they will have a great year. We are elated to be able to continue at Rohwer, We LOVE this school. Here are a few pics of my adorable children. (remember, you can click on the pictures to make them larger.)


My big Kindergartener

Can you believe she is in 2nd grade?

Up at 5:30 all ready to begin 4th grade

Kimbo waving goodbye as she enters her new school! (at this point, I am bawling)

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Big Hugs! Beautiful pictures of the kids. They are so big. Enjoy all your minutes with Natalie and a little time for yourself. Garrison looks very excited for school. And Rachel is quite the little lady -- so stylish too. And Kimbo has the bestest, biggest smile to start her new year. Good luck to you all.

Bekah said...

They are adorable! I can't believe how grown up your girls look in those pictures!

Mama Mia said...

Hope their first day went well!

Heidi A said...

I know I'll be a wreck on that first REAL day of school. They look adorable!

Kim said...

They look so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. Scary how fast time goes! Is kindergarten all day there too? Natalie probably misses them too.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised it wasn't Kimbo who was up so early. I can just see her chomping at the bit. She looked so cute. Tell her she looked like a teenager from the 50's. Rachel looks like a little knockout, and I feel like I can actually see Garrison growing taller. He definately will be taller than his realtives (the shorty Hopkins ones at least).

Victoria McCumber said...

They are all so- cute ! And little Kimbo looks just like you. My kids started on the 11th but we are moving tommorrow so they will start a new school on Monday. Wish me luck.

ray said...

Hi, bizarro. My kids are starting in 4th, 2nd, and Kindergarten and I will have one angel (devil) girl at home. (and I'm living apart from my husband who works for Kiewit) Are we twins once removed?

Christine said...

Oh wow! I never realized how big they are now. Rachel still has the baby face I remember, but Kimbo and Garrison have changed so much. I hope I see them before college...lol!

Trisha said...

I CAN NOT believe that Garrison is so big! Weren't we just in Campus Heights and you just had him? Crazy. Cute kiddos. How fun to have three in school!