Friday, August 8, 2008

Who are the people in your neighborhood???

I must say that I single handedly have the best neighborhood in the state of Nebraska and perhaps even the world!!!! Every night, the neighbors directly next door to me (Tricia and Larry) and the neighbors directly across the street from me (Sean and Diane) and the house directly next door to them (Carey and Melissa) and then our family, all go outside and visit in our lawn chairs while all of our kids play on their bikes, with chalk, with bubbles, or just use their imaginations. This has been going on throughout the entire summer. It is a staple that our four houses will be out each and every night together. During Buddy's absence, they have watched over our family and helped me with anything and everything I have needed. Sean has called me countless times at night after we are all inside to tell me that I have left my garage door open. They make sure I am in my basement any time there is a storm. Melissa's daughters, Chelsea and Madi, have been a HUGE help with my kids. The other day, Diane, Tricia, Melissa and I, all went and got pedicures and manicures together. We share dinners and/or desserts. They are listening ears when I need to talk and they all have strong shoulders for me to cry on. They have all become such dear friends to me. This nightly ritual of our gatherings in the drive way have become such a blessing in my life. The kids and I look forward to it from the time we wake up in the morning.

Tonight, our neighbor that lives two houses down from me came over and asked us to come and join them for karaoke in their garage. So we all went down there and had a marvelous time. We sang our hearts out. Here are a few shots of the fun.


Kimbo, Carlie (Sean and Diane's daughter) and Rachel singing Hannah Montana.


Buddy getting his groove on.

Christian is Sean and Diane's son. He is also known as Spider Man around these parts.

Tricia and Diane sharing one of those desserts I was talking about

Larry, Christian, and Sean singing "I'm a believer"!!

Without these amazing neighbors of mine, this time with Buddy being gone, would have been much harder to bear. I truly do love them so much. They have become more like family to the kids and I. They are a huge reason why I don't want to leave Omaha. I know our family will always treasure these times we have had. Thanks for the memories dear friends. I adore you!!!



4 comments:

Christine said...

That is so neat that you have friends like that. Friends are like family and you can never live without them. Looks like you had fun in those pics. But I want to see a pic of you.

Melissa said...

Thank goodness for friends who become like family. I wish we were closer to y'all. I am sure that you all will be blessed for the difficult journey you are on. The house will sell and Buddy will have to travel less. Love to you all.

Kim said...

That is so neat! That is a dream neighborhood! I can understand your sadness to leave them. That is not something you come across easily. You are so stinkin friendly and fun, they are lucky to have you!!!

Mama Mia said...

Looks like a great time! Cute new blog design!