Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sick of all the sickness

Tuesday night: Rachel: "Mom, I don't feel good. My head and tummy hurt."
Mom: "Let me take your temp....100.1. Get your jammies on and go to bed."
(Rachel then continues to miss school Wednesday, Thursday and soon to be Friday.

Thursday morning. Kimbo: "Mommy whats wrong?"
Mommy: "My throat is killing me." (no fever as of yet. Mommy just feels horrible)

Thursday afternoon: Mom: "Garrison and Kimbo, bring me your backpacks so I can see what you did in school today."
Garrison: "Kimbo sleeping"
Mom: "Oh crap."
Garrison : "Ouch, not crap. We don't say crap." (long story)
Mom then takes Kimbo's temp. 102.5. Kimbo will be missing Friday at school.

Thursday evening. Mom walks into Garrison's room to check on Garrison. Garrison laying on bed watching a movie. Mom takes temp. 99.3
Mom: " Garrison do you feel sick?"
Garrison: "I not sick. No one sick."
Garrison will be missing school on Friday.


Thursday evening. Mom: (speaking to doctors office) "My little girl has had a temp between 102.5 and 103 since 4:00. Motrin or a shower do not help."
Doctor's office: "We will have a nurse call you."

Mom is still waiting for phone to ring so she is blogging to pass time and ignore her very sore throat.

Mom is stressed!!! Mom has only been able to read 1 1/2 chapters of her new book "Twilight" because of so many sick kids. I NEED A VACATION!!!

11 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry! That stinks big time! I hope you are all feeling better asap!

Beckie said...

Yuck! I am so sorry to hear you are all not feeling well. Kids are so wonderful to share their cooties aren't they?

I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Take care-

Nichole Christensen said...

I hope you all feel better quickly!!!! I love the new blog layout!

Melissa said...

Hope everyone gets better fast. Hugs!!!!

Mama Mia said...

Oh no! I got your message today...yuck what do they have? Do you have strep?

Heather said...

Yes Mia it is strep. We only found out today though because they had to send Rachel's throat swab in for a culture. So here we go again. The doctor said it is strep A which is supposedly not as serious as the other strep. So I am not going to take antibiotics. Just the kids are. I don't have time to drag 4 kids (3 of whom are sick) to the doctor with me. Scratch that. I don't have the patience!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Every time school starts it seems like they bring home whatever everyone else has. Brad and Mia have had sniffles all week! Hope they feel better soon!

The Witt Family said...

I can totally relate...Ethan had 7 bouts of Strep last year alone, but none since the old tonsils came out. I feel for you sister!!!

Christine said...

I hope you all are feeling better. My prayers are with you.

Beckie said...

How's everyone feeling now? O hope you are tons better.

I've been thinking about you and yours and hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I had to smile, the things mommies have to do. Hey how many times a day are you checking my blog? I have you checking it six times yesterday? Are you addicted to the bubbles game? :) Enjoy that book, I read it in one day, couldn't put it down. Can hardly wait for movie! Take care!