Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Poor Garrison and Naddie

Garrison has had a very rough couple of weeks. Last week, he was sick for 4 days straight (Saturday-Tuesday). He had a bad cold that had him coughing like crazy. He felt just awful. Then this week, he suffered all weekend with an ear infection. He missed school on Monday and then came home after about 30 minutes on Tuesday. His antibiotics have finally kicked in so he is doing much better. Here is hoping that nothing will happen this weekend.

Yesterday, Natalie broke one of snowglobes. I was so sad. It was a Kermit the Frog one that Rachel had given me for Christmas 2 years ago. I got it all cleaned up and put all of the broken glass into a box that is in our room. Well, I should have been smarter and taken that box out to the garage because somehow she thought it would be a good idea to stand on it and get to more of my snowglobes. So she cut a pretty good size chunk out of her big toe. I have never seen something bleed for so long. It wasn't the kind of cut that the doctor would be able to stitch so we opted not to take her in. Buddy super glued it shut (that is what he always does when he slices himself) and the bleeding finally stopped.

Other than that, life has been good. The days have been warmer and we have loved that. This has been the coldest winter in Texas for many, many, years. We even hit negative temperatures with the wind chill this year. Of course it is the year we move here! Better than what Omaha and Flagstaff have had to endure! We are gearing up for Garrison's birthday next week. Holy cow, he will be 11. Almost more than I can handle. I hate that my kids have to grow up. Just not fair!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor kiddos! I hate sick kids, it's so sad!!!