Friday, October 12, 2012

A Whole New Life

Just like that! I went to bed a happily married mother of 4. When I closed my eyes that night, I had been married for 14 1/2 amazing years. I had found happiness that many others only dream about. Sure it wasn't a perfect marriage but it was a blessed, and happy one. When I awoke the next morning little did I know, as my feet hit the floor and I walked to my computer to check my email, my entire universe was seconds away from crumbling.  If I knew that night, I would wake up a widow, I would never had closed my eyes. I would have held him in my arms and begged for him to not go running. I would have loved him one last time. I would have laid in his arms and felt safe..one last time. There will come a time when I can sit and tell you what I experienced that morning..or maybe there wont. For now, I will simply share what I know and what I don't know...

I know I was and am blessed.
I know what my husband and I had was rare and special.
I know I am not perfect
I know I have a long road ahead of me
I know that you think you know what you will do if this were to happen to you
I know you will do nothing that you thought you would when this does happen to you
I know Buddy loved me
I know I loved Buddy..deeply
I know I still do
I know I am and will continue to be a good mom
I know I am trying
I know I am misunderstood
I know I hold back
I know I am private
I know I am sad
I know I am grateful
I know I push people away
I know my heart is broken
I know Buddy wants me happy
I know there are some people who love me in-spite of what I have gone through.
I know I am a different person today
I know I want my life back
I know I am more scared than I have ever been
I know I am mad as hell
I know I will be OK

What I don't know...
 
I don't know why..why the hell did this happen to my already very happy family
I don't know why people are mad at me..don't they know I am living in hell?
I don't know what the hell I am doing
I don't know why I keep saying hell..
I don't know what my future holds
I don't know if anyone will ever want me
I don't know how to help my kids
I don't know the "right way" to do all of this
I don't know why it still physically hurts so bad
I don't know if I will ever recover
I don't know if my kids will ever recover
I don't know why people have taken advantage of me and my situation
I don't know why I have been blessed with such amazing friends and family..I don't deserve them
I don't know where to go from here...

Stay tuned....








2 comments:

B. said...

I so wish with my whole heart that I could make it all better for you.
We are so blessed to have you in our lives and we pray for you and your families daily.
We love you, sweet girl.

Mel said...

Heather I love you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers...Mel