Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our First Holiday....






Buddy loved to take his kids trick or treating. He never missed it. Last year, we were out for about 3 hours, with the wagon so we could carry it all. The kids were participating in a contest where if they brought all of their candy into the orthodontist, he would pay you $1 a pound! So Buddy and Kimbo were on a mission. It paid off, literally, as they cashed in about $30 worth of candy! It was a very fun Halloween. Buddy just loved watching his kids have fun and smile.

I was dreading tonight as it would be our first official holiday without him here. I laid in bed last night and tossed and turned just thinking about it. But then, I ended up having a great day. No particular reason (well maybe a few that I don't want to share) but I just felt good all day. Then tonight..well lets just say what AMAZING friends we have been blessed with. They all came over, we ate A TON of pizza and salad and then headed out! Our kids tore up the neighborhood. Laurie and Angela and their families came and then Andrew and Jessica and my Kinley girl came. It was so incredible to have them walking the streets with me. They provided me with a strength and comfort that I cannot explain. I guarantee they had no idea how much it helped me or meant to me to have them there.

I asked Rachel at one point "Rachel, do you think daddy is right here with us walking these streets?" She said "Oh yes mom! For sure he is!" I know he was! He wouldn't miss it for anything! His physical presence was sorely missed but I know he was there, with me and our babies!

My mom and Leroy stayed here, handed out candy and hung out with Garrison. How blessed I am to have their love and support! They have been such troopers since they have been here. They knew this would be a rough night for me! I am so grateful and blessed to have them in my life. No words to express my love for them.

So, 1 holiday down..2 more big ones to go. So much dread and sadness consumes me when I think of celebrating those without him physically here but just like everything else, I will push through and do everything I can to make my kids smile!

No comments: