Thursday, October 22, 2009

No thanks needed

I got the best email ever today. Turns out, you can send other people emails from your Wii. Let's rewind a little bit...Instead of a birthday party, Rachel asked to go to the American Girl Doll store in Dallas. It was just her and I. We had lunch at their little cafe and bought some cute things for her doll. When we were there, I could not believe how many people were there with their daughters buying what I am sure amounted to be hundreds of dollars of dolls and clothes. One doll alone is about $114. As a mom, you want nothing more than to be able to do the same for your child. I was so worried that Rachel was looking around at these girls and thinking the same thoughts that I would have been at her age.. "I wish we could by all of those things." I honestly was feeling kind of bad looking at these moms and daughters with their shopping bags full with items. I tried to make it a fun day for her but some times you never feel you can do enough. Rachel never once said anything of the sort and in fact told me multiple times how much fun she was having and how glad she was that we did this. Then today I get this....

Dear mom thank you so so so much
for the Amaracin girl doll store! I
would say thank you a milan times if
I ccould but of cors it would bug you.
Love always Rachel!

My eyes immediatly filled with tears. I hope she knows that it was a day that I will never forget! It is a day with her that I will treasure forever. I guess the fact that we don't have hundreds of dollars to spend at these fancy stores doesn't matter to her. It was just being together that made our day special! As a mom, it is our job to be there for our daughters and to create these special memories with them. Money does not need to be a factor, just lots of smiles, giggles and of course, love!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is awesome!!!! She is so sweet. You are such a great Mom! I hope my kids grow up with gratitude, that is a hard quality to teach.