Friday, October 2, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

You can barely see because just then, a teacher and a parent stood in my shot, but this is her getting her little necklace.


Here she is wearing both awards

At Sendera Ranch Elementary, every Friday, they have an assembly and each week, one grade hands out awards for certain characteristics. Today was 1st grade awards and the award was for respect! Each 1st grade teacher picks 3 or 4 students and they get to come up in front of the entire school and get an army tag type necklace. Then, the P.E. teacher picks 5 students out of the entire 1st grade to get a fairness award as well. I got an email from Kimbo's teacher earlier this week telling me that she had chosen kimbo to recieve the respect award from her. This is kept secret from the kids so they are surprised that morning. So I went to the assembly and saw her get this award...then the P.E. teacher got up to announce the 5 first graders who would recieve her fairness award and Kimbo won that too!!!!!!!! At that point, I got emotional!!! I was bursting with pride. She was the only one who got 2 awards!! As a mother, I am so proud of my kids anytime they do anything well, win any awards, or achieve great things however, when your child recieves an award for showing great respect to their teachers and other students and being fair when participating in sports or playing games at school, well, that is the ultimate for me!!! An award recieved for the character is the best award of all.

Kimbo , we couldn't be more proud of you and the wonderful daughter you are! Your kindness to all around you and the respect you show to everyone shows what an incredible child you are! We love you so very much!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is so awesome! I can see why you would be so proud! Wonderful characteristics!

Tricia said...

That's our Kimbo..you are awesome..