Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ricky Ticky Tavi

Today is my oldest brothers birthday!!! Richard turns 45 today. (I am sure he appreciates me announcing that to everyone). I don't have a lot of memories of Richard from when I was little since he is 15 years older than me but I do know that I have always looked up to him. As I have become a wife and mother I have gotten to know him more. Our dad passed away 9 years ago and Richard has done such an amazing job of stepping in. He is such a spiritual giant. I only wish I had 1/4 of the knowledge and understanding that he has of the gospel. I have seen Richard face some very difficult things in his life. I know that he has suffered greatly throughout his adult life. However, he has come through it all and is even stronger spiritually. I love you Richard. Thanks for being such a great big brother. Thank you for being such a wonderful support to me in my life. I still have one email in particular that you sent me and I read it often and draw strength from it. I appreciate the fact that I know you are praying for me. There are days when I feel so overwhelmed and yet I know that you and Lauri are praying for me and my family and I feel those prayers. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that you used his funny name from your dad. I will always remember your dad for that. He had a name for everyone!! I can only remember amazing stories about Richard from my mother. He is one great guy!