Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moving

We are moving. I am emotionally and physically exhausted so I hope that this post makes sense. Buddy spoke with his boss today and in order to get us together as a family, the company will pay our mortgage here in Omaha until our house sells. We will move to Albuquerque and rent a home until our home here sells at which time, we will buy a home in Albuquerque.

I am experiencing about 1000 different emotions. First off, I am more than elated to be a family again. I have missed my husband more than I can say. I cannot wait to have him home each night. The kids are so happy to be living with daddy again. On the other hand, we are so very sad to be leaving such a wonderful place. We have absolutely loved Omaha. There are no words to express how much we will miss it here. We will miss just about everything (excluding the tornados and the -30 weather).

We will all be flying out on Sunday September 14th to go house hunting. We will return that following Wednesday and then move somewhere very close to October 1st. There is so much to get done between now and then and I am feeling extremely overwhelmed. I know that everything will work out for the best and we are excited for a new adventure. (tomorrow I will be excited. Tonight I am just too tired).

I of course will keep everyone posted. To our Omaha friends, thank you for making our 2+ years here so amazing. Please do not ever forget us and know that we love you so very much. I don't know how I would have made it without each of you to keep me going. One of my best friends told me tonight (as I was bawling) how much it must mean to me to see just how many friends I have here. Heidi, you are right. I am very blessed to have so many good friends.

Part of me wants to sit and type a special message to each of you but this is not the place to do that. You know who you are, and you know what you mean to me. I love you all. Let's make this next month, the most amazing yet.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so excited you will be with Buddy again. I don't know how you can do it without him. But I know for a fact that your friends in Omaha are going to miss the heck out of you! You are so awesome and so much fun! I'm excited you will be a little closer. Maybe we will have a better chance of seeing each other.

ray said...

I got tired just reading your post. Been there way too much and hope not to do that any time soon. Doesn't it burn you that Kiewit didn't just do that to begin with?? I'm so glad that your kids will have a full time dad again. That is the big lesson I've learned. Even though it only seems like he sees them for just a few hours a day, those hours are SOOOO important. Good luck in the coming days and weeks. Keep the diet coke handy, preferably in kegs.

Anonymous said...

I have been pretending that this day would never come and yet here it is. I am so happy that you will be reunited as a family but you will be missed here in Omaha!

Melissa said...

I know how hard this is (the moving)but am so excited to get you guys closer to us. And even more excited to have you reunited with your family again. Call or e-mail if you need anything!

Mama Mia said...

Heather I am with Ray why didn't they do this from the begining???? You and you sweet kids will be missed. I am so glad you will be together again! You are so good at making friends you will have a ton before you know it!

Heidi A said...

Heather, you will be SOOO missed. You have been such a great friend to so many people and I am lucky to be one of them. I am happy that you will be able to be with Buddy again, but I will greatly miss you here.

Beckie said...

I am thrilled for you. RIch and I were just talkikng abou this yesterday( and many times before that as well). It will be so great for your family to be together again, living in limbo is hard and really hard on kiddos.

I do understand that there is just something about Omaha. I have missed it so much more than I even dreamed possible ( and I KNEW it would be hard). But, it has gotten a little easier over time.

Just hug everyone super tight and take lots of photos before you leave. You are good at staying in touch and I am sure you will continue with your special friends there. Remember, it's never really good-bye, just see you later.

I bet Buddy is so happy to have his beautiful family there with him. COngratulations! I am so happy for you.

Victoria McCumber said...

Congrats! The single life is not all it is cracked up to be. LOL! Just being in the same house will help you immensely. I won't lie to you, moving sucks. The good thing about moving is at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been in our new house three weeks and I am Finally almost done unpacking.Just be glad you are not moving 9 people like we did. The hardest part will be leaving your friends. You tend to go "all in" and that is what is so great about you. I agree with the big hug advice from earlier. Good luck and let me know if I can do anything.

Bekah said...

Oh Heather! You will definitely be missed! I will miss visiting you! I know you will find a great ward and make tons and tons of friends. I'm so glad that you'll now be with Buddy and have your family reunited.

Postfamily5 said...

Hey, I just stumbled across you on this thing from Angela's blog. How are you doing? Your kids are so cute!!! Love ya, miss ya....

Adrian (Lawrence) Post