Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Time Has Come....


Well, the movers come tomorrow morning around 8:30. I am emotionally drained. I have cried more in the last week then I ever thought possible. My week has been filled to the rim with lunches and dinners with all of my amazing friends here in Omaha. Every single day, I have either had lunch or dinner with someone or a group of people. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the effort that was put into each lunch and/or dinner and for all of the love that has been shown to me and my kids. Tonight was the very first set of goodbyes that we had to do. It was heartbreaking to watch my kids say farewell to their friends. I sincerely hope that we will hear from each and every one of you. You have no idea how much we will miss all of you. I do have to tell one quick story. Tonight, my neighbors threw us a going away party with the neighborhood. I have spoken countless times of our wonderful evenings that we have spent outside sitting in the driveway with our neighbors. Well, tonight, they gave us a home made purse that was made by Diannes mom (thank you so much Diannes mom. I LOVE IT) and it was filled with items to help us remember our wonderful summer. Then they brought out two Nebraska Husker chairs (we are DIEHARD Alabama fans) with a message written by each and every one of our neighbors on the chairs. I am so excited to pull those chairs out and use them on our new driveway. I just cannot get over what a fantastic idea that was. Thanks you guys. I will truly cherish them forever. We love you all. We love Omaha. Please, please do not forget us. We will never forget you. Thank you for changing my life. I love you.

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Hope you get through the day! Let me know if you need me to take the kids after school!

Beckie said...

You are lucky to have wonderful friends. There is something so wonderful about Omaha and the people that are there.

That sounds like a wonderful party. I love the chairs idea. That was very clever!

I hope all goes well with the movers. What an adventure. Take care.

Melissa said...

What a blessing to have friends that care so much and that will care even after you have moved. Thank goodness blogs and e-mail helps us keep in touch so well. Big hugs until we get to see you in person.

The Witt Family said...

I am so sad that you are upset with moving, but the selfish part of me keeps thinking that now you are going to be only a few hours away now and since I have never been to Albe, maybe the kids and I will just have to come for a visit(you poor woman) Hang in there kiddo, he has a plan for us all

Kim said...

I feel so bad for you! Saying good bye is the worst thing the world. Your neighbors sound amazing. You have some amazing strength to keep enduring the things thrown your way.

Mel said...

Reading what you said made me cry. It sounds like you have amazing friends in Omaha.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift from your sweet neighbors! You sure are going to be missed here in Omaha! Good luck in your new adventure!