Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tough Times

The night before I returned home from Albuquerque, there was a tragedy in our neighborhood. A tragedy that has affected all of the neighbors that I have come to love as if they were family. As many of you know, my neighbors mean everything to me. There are no words to express how much they mean to me. At news of this tragedy, not only was my heart broken for the immediate family involved but for my other neighbors as well. They new the affected family far better than I did. It has literally made my stomach hurt to see them going through such a difficult time. I have cried for them more than once and I just so badly want to make it all better and I cant. The fact that I am leaving in what is now only 9 days only makes it worse on me.

This tragedy helped me realize just how lucky I am to have what I do. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father loves ME because he allowed me what I call "bonus time" here in Omaha. He did that so I could develop this amazing relationship with Larry and Tricia, Sean and Diane, and Cary and Melissa. I hate that they are hurting at this time. It shook me up however, to realize just how quickly everything can change. I don't know what I would ever do if I got the call that one of them was gone. I know that nobody can be here forever but how fast life goes by is just overwhelming.

I feel incredibly blessed to have lived on Jacobs street for the past two years. Lots of things have happened in our lives over the time we have lived here and I could not have asked for better people to share that with. I am bound and determined that wherever the future takes my family, we will make friends with our neighbors. I will indeed bring my chair outside as often as possible and sit each night and encourage others to do the same. Of course it will never be the same and I know in the beginning I will get emotional at seeing different faces around that circle, however, my dear neighbors will NEVER be forgotten and regardless of the miles that seperate us, I will indeed be there for them. I love you all and thanks for loving Buddy and I and my kids.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

We heard as well I am sorry that this happend. Can't wait to see you Wed. hope all is going well!