Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just one of those days.

So it has been just one of those days. A day that I was looking forward to for several reasons. 1) Buddy got the opportunity to go the the Nationwide race to see Elliott Sadler race. 2) I got to go watch Rachel play in a double header. I LOVE watching my girls play softball. LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! 3) Kimbo was having her science birthday party. I love watching my kids have fun for their birthdays. 4) It was the Alabama/LSU football game. If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE Alabama football more than anything! I love it more than I ever thought possible. So that was my day that I was looking forward to. It was going to be a GREAT Saturday!!! Then......

Buddy Got on TV. Look in the background. He is the hottie in the black jacket! :)

The Race: Nothing bad to say about that except for I couldn't go. But I really was okay with that. An awesome friend gave us tickets for free and then another awesome friend got him into the pits with their passes so he was able to meet Elliott and get his autograph. It just meant a lot to me to be able to surprise Buddy with these tickets because he so deserves it. He does so much for me every day! He got to take a very good friend of ours with him so it worked out just fine. Plus he was able to meet Elliott and get his autograph and He got on t.v. Even though he didn't know it until later! :)




The Ballgame: This was going ok until...I look over to check on the kids and I see Garrison with his hand on a boy's shoulder. The boy appears to be about 10. Then the boy pushed Garrison kind of hard. Then he pushed him really hard. Then the *&^$#@ kid punched my son in the chest. HARD. I saw the entire thing! I jumped up, said a bad word, and hauled booty over there. The 10 year old took off. Garrison was holding his chest and bawling! I told another boy who was standing there "Why did he hit him?? He is autistic! He doesn't understand whatever it was you were doing!" That boy looked terrified of me! I get Garrison away from there and bring him over to the bleachers where we were all sitting. I start crying and telling everyone what happened. Everyone at once starts getting upset and telling me I need to go find a parent. I knew that I did but I knew I had to cool down first. I was so upset that at that point it would not have been a good situation. I am not very good at biting my tongue. So 2 moms said "We are going to find the parents of this little punk." So I go with them knowing they will be my support. They found the boy and were bringing him over to Garrison to make him apologize when the dad showed up. I walked up to the boy and very calmly (I was so shocked at how calm the words were coming out of my mouth) asked this boy why he had hit my son. They boy said Garrison was chasing him and he asked him several times to stop. Garrison wouldn't stop so he decided to punch him. He said "I am so sorry. I just didn't understand why he wouldn't stop and I didn't know what else to do." So I explain to the boy "My son has something called Autism. He is 12 years old but his brain is just like a 4 year old child. He doesn't understand things sometimes." The boy said he was so sorry a couple of times. I turned to Garrison and told him that he needed to apologize as well. I told Garrison that he cannot chase people who tell him no. Not everyone likes it. The dad was awesome and very kind with it all. The kid felt bad but I was still very angry and quite frankly so sad.

P.S. Rachel won both of her games! :)



The Party: Kimbo wanted a science party. So we decided to make Ooblek. It is basically corn startch and water. it is a solid while it is sitting there but when you touch it, it turns into a liquid. But we decided to add food coloring to make it fun. Well the kids started putting their hand in it and playing with it. They got very very messy but it was fun. Well, as we started to clean up, I realized the food coloring wasn't coming off of their hands. I panicked. You have no idea how bad it is. Their hands look awful. It is not just a few fingers...it is their ENTIRE hand!!! My awesome friend Danielle stayed here to help out with the party and we both scrubbed their hands with every recipe we could find online but nothing worked. So hopefully, no parents will kill me in the morning when they come and get their kiddo's. Pray for me.




The Game: No words...we lost to the team I hate the very most. In overtime! It was heartbreaking. I hate LSU more than Auburn even. I literally am sick to my stomach. It just aches. I should have known when this day started out crappy, they were going to lose. But no matter what, I never lose faith in the Crimson Tide. I will love them forever no matter what but I really wanted/needed them to win tonight. Oh well. It is what it is. Roll Tide baby!

Tomorrow is another day. I hope it is better. The whole thing with Garrison still bothers me a lot. I keep seeing him get hit over and over in my mind. Not a good moment. It is just another reminder of how different my son is and yet how impossible it is for me to protect him. Heartbreaking on so many levels. You have no idea. Sad mama today.:(

No comments: