Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

Today is Buddy's birthday. Unfortunately, I am just now getting time to sit down and acknowledge this joyous occasion on my blog. So for this, his 83rd birthday (payback from my birthday) I will write a bunch of mushy stuff about him that will only embarrass him, however, I cannot hold back.

I love Buddy for more reasons that I can even begin to express. He truly is the love of my life. I could never, nor will I ever, be able to love another human being the way that I love this amazing man. He is such an incredible father to our 4 beautiful children. Many dad's who travel as much as he does seem to become "detached" from their families every day lives. However, Buddy knows when every single doctor's appointment, piano practice, horse therapy session or play date is. He loves his family with all of his heart and it tears him apart to have to be away from us. Buddy is the most loyal man I know. He is loyal to everything and everyone in his life. Everything from Alabama football (ROLL TIDE!!!!) to his career. In the 5 years that he has worked for Kiewit, he has called in sick 1 time and that was because he had pneumonia but only stayed out of the office for 1 day. I respect him so much for that. He is such a strength to me. He supports me 150% no matter what I am doing. He stands by me in my efforts to raise our children and picks me up when I have fallen. Most importantly, I admire his love for the gospel and all that it entails. He has an unfailing testimony of the church and it's teachings. He honors his priesthood and is shining example of what a husband should be.

Buddy, thank you for loving me despite my weaknesses. I promise to stand by you just as you have me. I will forever love you. Thank you for loving me and the kids and making sure that I could stay home with them to be their mother. Thank you for setting such a great example to not only our children but to me as well. You are my everything!!! Happy Birthday Babe!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that brought a tear to my eye! Happy Birthday Buddy! We are glad we got to share some cake with you before you had to leave!

ray said...

good grief, Heather. Are you still alone in Nebraska?? My poor, darling friend. I went to Papa John's last Monday and thought of you. I'm still hubby-free too and going nuts. At least I don't have to sell a house. How is that going anyway? We must talk. Call or be called, woman. Love you!

Angela LaCroix said...

Heather - It's great to hear from you!! I love your page. -- Happy Birthday Buddy.

skatej said...

Heather, If you go to my etsy site (www.cranberriesandcheese.etsy.com), you can order one in the colors of your choosing! All the dragons are different because I don't use a pattern, so he would be one of a kind!

ArchRay said...

Wow! That was an amazing tribute. I learned a little about him. I don't know him at all. I learned a little about you too. Very nice.