Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mama,
There are so many things that I wanted to say to you this Mother's Day but just wasn't sure how to say them. How does one really express their love for their mother? You have been there for me through everything that has ever happened in my life. You have worn every hat known to man kind. You are all of the things that Hallmark cards say and a million more. I want so badly to be able to express to you just how much I love you and just when I am thinking how hopeless it is, I remember that you too had a wonderful mother whom you felt all of these things for as well. I have so many amazing memories of you that it would take me pages and pages to write them all down. One thing I want to say is thank you for being there for the birth of all 4 of my beautiful children. You were an amazing strength to me during those times. I will never forget the feeling of your hands lovingly wiping my forehead or your fingers combing through my hair. I have loved that since I was a kid and now find myself doing the same thing to my daughters. This last summer when you were here for an entire month is one of the happiest of my entire life. I will never ever forget that. Of all the things that I long to say to you, I want you mostly to know that I love you with all of my heart. Thank you so much for being my mama!!!!

4 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Beautiful Heather! We had fun at the park! Hope you are doing okay now that Buddy flew off...I am a widow this week too!

Heidi A said...

She must be an amazing person to have raised you:) I'd love to meet her sometime.

skatej said...

Hopefully I will! I don't exactly have the resources to keep making things, unless I sneak into the university jewelry room!

Beckie said...

What a sweet post. Your mom is wonderful and I am sure it made her day to read your nice letter.