Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Darren!!!

(Darren and his son Luke)

So today is my big brother's birthday!!! I am the youngest of 6 and Darren is the sibling that is right above me. We are 3 years apart. Because of this, we have always been close friends. When he was a senior, I was a freshman and we had soooo much fun together. We did everything together it seems. We constantly had game nights at our house with all of our friends and played countless hours of "capture the flag" at Centennial park. He was awesome to drive me and my friends places (especially "Senior Taco"). We have always been there for each other. From the days at Palo Christi, all the way to being grown and having children of our own. I used to even help him shop for clothes and then pick what clothes he should wear on a date. I was sitting next to him when he called and asked out his first date; heck, i can tell you exactly where in the house we were as I was coaching him to "just call." and practicing what he would say. When he finally called, I thought he was just practicing into the phone and didn't believe him when he said he had really done it. We have always supported each other in everything. We have shared broken hearts together (some girls are lucky I didn't let them have it), we have shared happiness together and some pretty sad times together. I have always looked up to him and loved him so much that at times, I felt my heart would explode. He has always been an amazing big brother. I am so very grateful that he is my big brother and most importantly, my friend. I love you Darren!!! Have an amazing 33rd birthday!!

No comments: