Thursday, October 30, 2008

Burn Update

(My next door neighbor took this picture. He said he thinks I was in the ambulance at this time)

Well, I went to the doctor again today and the burn is healing beautifully. He said I have about a week left of pain but I should be feeling much better after that. I did take some pictures on Monday but those ones are VERY NASTY as the burn got much worse. So I will not post those. The doctor said I hopefully will have minimal scarring. I have to continue to clean and bandage it twice a day and that is NEVER fun. If I take my pain meds about 30 minutes prior to that, it helps but oh the pain of it all. I remain ever grateful that it didn't go 1 inch farther or I would still be in the hospital. I am convinced that was a blessing of protection from my Heavenly Father.

I will have to miss Kimbo's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. That literally brings tears to my eyes. Kimbo has always gone to sitters while I took the older 2 kids on their field trips and now I cannot go on her first one. It will be okay though. She was very sweet about it. "Mommy, you can't go on my field trip. It would hurt your leg to walk around that much. You have to stay home and get some rest." I bawled. Sweet girl.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad your getting better. I can't imagine being laid up like that. Your kids are so awesome (just like their mommy)

Nichole Christensen said...

What a sweet little girl she is!!

Victoria McCumber said...

What a sweetheart. I am sorry you are missing her field trip to the pumpkin patch. I would be sad too. Cheer up, Christmas is coming!!!!

Melissa said...

What a good girl! She is something special. Keep on healing!