Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Mama!!!


Today is the birthday of the greatest woman to ever walk the earth. It is my mama's birthday. I have no idea where to even begin about how much I love my mom. Anyone who reads this, has a mother and therefore knows how I feel. She is everything to me. She has been there holding my hand and playing with my hair (something she knows I love for her to do) through all 4 labor and deliveries. Even though I lived 1/2 way across the country, she came. She has always let me talk her ear off and never complained about me talking too much. She has always given me council and guidance when I have needed it. Even though I am extremely far from perfect, she has loved me in spite of myself. She froze to death at the high school football games just to watch me do the exact same cheers over and over again every Friday night (but she loved going to the basketball games even though again, it was the same cheers over and over again). She provided such a good example to me throughout my life. I can remember countless times walking in on her in her room as she was kneeling by her bed and praying or sitting in her special chair next to her little table and reading her scriptures. Those are moments that will be forever instilled in my head. Moments that I hope to copy for my own children to witness. Her love of the gospel is unwavering. She loves her family with everything inside of her. She is little BUT mighty. So often when I was growing up, friends told me time and time again how they wished they had my mom. She is so admired and loved by so many people. I am incredibly proud to say that she is my mom. I love you so much mama!!!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother. I only met her a couple times, but you are right, she is wonderful.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

JanB said...

Yeah, your mom is pretty great!
Tell her I said "Happy Birthday", too.

Kim said...

I love your mom to pieces!! I miss her! I have so many fun memories with your family! Happy Birthday Judy! Love you!

The Witt Family said...

Happy Birthday Judy-Wudy! Heather, you are right she is one amazing women. I have so many memories of your mom giving council to us before we did anything together. I have to say you are a lucky girl!