Monday, April 28, 2008

I have been blessed

Last Sunday, I found out that even though Buddy was supposed to be home this weekend, he was unable to do so. That was the beginning of a rough week. The next morning, Rachel came down with strep. It just kind of snowballed from there. My Realtor decided to have an open house this weekend so I was feeling pretty down and stressed all at the same time. Some amazing friends of mine really stepped up to the plate and were right there for me.

As I said before, Rachel had strep throat and she got pretty darn sick with it. Rachel wanted a blessing and with Buddy being gone and no home teachers I had to make some calls. Our friend Bruce came and along with a member of the bishopric, gave Rachel a blessing. She was feeling perfect the very next morning. I have a runner right in my entry way that something got spilled on so my dear friend Mia took it to her house to wash it for me because I don't have a front loading washer and that is what the tag said it needed. So Mia had it washed and dried for me in no time.

My sweet friends Camille and Lora came over on Saturday and stayed for over 4 hours helping me get my house spotless and most importantly, staged. They helped me de-clutter even more and helped me re-arrange my furniture. Sweet Camille even brought plants and lamps from her own home to put around my house. I couldn't have done it without them.

My amazing friends Heidi and Daniel came and helped not only on the inside but the outside as well. They added new mulch and trimmed my entire yard including bushes giving my home beautiful curb appeal.

After everyone had left, I ran to Walmart to get a few groceries and Kimbo is saying she is freezing and doesn't feel good. I hurry up and get home and it was then that I realized that my tire was flat. All of my friends were now out on dates with their spouses (which is where I was dying to be) so I didn't know what to do. I called my husband just bawling. I was a mess. While I am making these calls Kimbo is starting to feel worse and worse. My darling friend Tena calls her husband and he comes home from work early and fixes my tire. In the meantime, Tena comes over with her 3 kids, stays with my other 3, and lets me take her car to take Kimbo to urgent care. You guessed it...Strep throat. However, I finally calmed down and realized that things could have been worse.

Here comes the blessings part. Imagine if all of the afore mentioned friends had not been there to help me out??? My daughter would not have had a beautiful lesson in the power of the priesthood and I would have had a sticky carpet to welcome all of my potential home buyers. I would have had a clean yet not nearly as pretty home for the open house and I would have been doing it all by myself. I would have had a front yard that was....less than appealing. I would have had no way to get Kimbo to the doctor or to have my tire fixed. And lets not forget, Buddy would have had to fly home and possibly lose his job because I would have been in the hospital with a nervous breakdown from it all!!!!

I am so grateful for my friends and their presence in my life. I love them dearly and hope that each of them know that I am here for them always. Even though there are days when we all feel like our world is slowly crumbling around us, it is good to just sit back and really realize just how blessed we really are. I know that I am. Thank you dear friends.

4 comments:

Mama Mia said...

You have alot going on! Hope the open house went well! Sorry Kimbo is sick!

Beckie said...

You do have wonderful friends. What a blessing to have them. I hope everything works out okay (and fast) and know we are praying for you here.

Take care. I hope Kimbo feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

What a crazy weekend! When it rains... I hope Kimbo is feeling better and I hope the open house went well!

Heidi A said...

Ahhh, Heather, we love you! I hope things start getting better soon.