Sunday, April 13, 2008

THIS STINKS!!!

So we just got back from dropping Buddy off at the airport and we are all sitting in the kitchen eating ice cream. It finally hit me that he wasn't in the house. I start crying and say, "I don't know about anyone else, but I miss daddy." Then Garrison, Rachel and Kimbo all say that they do too. I told them that this stinks that daddy can only come home for a little bit (less than 48 hours) every two weeks and they again agreed. (Except for Garrison who has no clue what the heck we are talking about.) I then start coming up with funny words to describe how dumb it is that we have to have this situation when Rachel pipes up and says, "This sucks." It was then that I realized, I have said that expression too much in the presence of my children. How embarrassing. I had to laugh to myself and then explain that "sucks" is not a nice word and a beautiful daughter of God such as Rachel should not say that ugly word. However, she is exactly right. So, we all have the mutual feeling that having daddy gone does S..S...STINK. We miss you daddy and love you so very much!!!

P.S. I was not trying to make my children sad in saying those things. I was just trying to help them to know that they were justified in crying and missing daddy.

4 comments:

Mama Mia said...

I am sorry you are alone again! It does stink!!! I bet it is so great to have Buddy back but it makes it that much harder when he leaves! I loved watching Natalie in Sacrament Meeting...she was so cute grabing your face, and smiling at you...It is a blessing you have her to kiss and cuddle while Dad is away!

cschupp said...

A friend of mine is in a similar situation - her husband is working in Utah and she is stuck here until they can sell the house. They have started talking to dad each night by way of a web cam. I don't know if you have this available to you or not, but thought I would mention it if you do have that option. (I agree though, it stinks to be in your situation, but try to find why you are in this situation. Maybe there is a hidden blessing that you won't see right now, but there must be a reason for this agony. Just don't ask me what it is!

ray said...

Hear you, feel your pain, been there, done that, hate that, still doing that. I know I should be grateful during these tough economic times, that my husband is able and employed and appreciated, etc, etc. Would I rather have him with us and living in a homeless shelter on food stamps? I don't know.

Beckie said...

It does stink. I am sorry you are in this position.